 Trains / 23987
Re: Dash-9 Diesel Engine - Version 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 02:15:17 GMT

Robin Werner wrote:

Train fans,

I upgraded my two Dash 9 engines (C44-9W) to new dark green last mouth and
thought I should share some images. It’s basically a re-hash of my first version
with some updates like a AC unit on the roof and some other tweak do to new
parts. Love that new 1x1 wedge piece! I only show one engine in the new colors
in the images, but they are both updated now. Now I have a bunch of dark gray,
guess I'll build some UP stuff now.

My first post with the Dash 9 in old dk-gray:
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=19122

Here are some images on BrickShelf:

New version 2.0 in dk-green dir after moderation:

Deep links:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/dash9/version2/bnsf_c44-9w_1v2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/dash9/version2/bnsf_c44-9w_2v2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/dash9/version2/bnsf_c44-9w_3v2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/dash9/version2/bnsf_c44-9w_4v2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/dash9/version2/bnsf_c44-9w_5v2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/dash9/version2/bnsf_c44-9w_6v2.jpg

Old and new versions together:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/dash9/version2/bnsf_c44-9w_group.jpg

Old version 1.5 in dk-gray dir after moderation:

Deep links:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/dash9/version1/bnsf_c44-9w_1v1b.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/dash9/version1/bnsf_c44-9w_2v1b.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/dash9/version1/bnsf_c44-9w_3v1b.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/dash9/version1/bnsf_c44-9w_4v1b.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/dash9/version1/bnsf_c44-9w_5v1b.jpg

Also if you didn't see my new SD70MAC, check it out. Hope to get some better
images soon...

Again let me know what you think...

Robin W
GFLTC - www.gfltc.org

Super Dash-9. With work like that, you must have a source of BNSF
images, no? I got a little GP for Christmas, and I am thinking of
supersizing it, but I don't know if I should follow the stock color
scheme. Is it reasonzbly accurate?

Again, nice work!

Chris