 Trains / 23985
Re: 1000 Steine Freschen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 22:43:33 GMT

Tim David wrote:

I was looking through the galleries on Brickshelf and came across
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=111778 Legopapi's
Freschen gallery> Further research on www.1000steine.com led me to
<http://festum.de/1000steine/myimages/album321 Andreas Haase's gallery>

There are too many good models here to comment on them all (check out the

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legopapi/treffen-frechen-2005/018jahrestreffen1000steine.jpg
Dornier Flying Boat>) but the two railway related ones that I am
interested in are

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legopapi/treffen-frechen-2005/045jahrestreffen1000steine.jpg
this coach> with its strange sides and

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legopapi/treffen-frechen-2005/021jahrestreffen1000steine.jpg
this railcar>, is it a Bernina line Treibwagon? Perhaps a 1000Steine
member who also frequents Lugnet could give more info about these these
items and the show in general.

The show in Frechen is a yearly event from the 1000steine community, mainly
meant as a social thing (eating together, talking about LEGO) People bring
some MOC's along which are put on tables pretty much in random (no
preplanned layout as in the big Berlin shows)

This year Jan Beyer, Community Manager for Europe, attended the event as
well, so we could discuss current issues.

About the models : the DO-X aircraft was made by Klaus Dobisch, who also did
the Ju-52 and the car models around the aircraft. He's got a Brickshelf
gallery , http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Gallery

The big coach with the "strange sides" is a model of the German Silberlinge
coaches by Michael Schian.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=legopapi

I can't say much about the last model, I think (my memory is fuzzy on the
whole weekend, so no guarantee's! ;) ) it was made by Daniel "Misch" Dax,
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Misch but I can't find any
more info of it.

(X-Posted to lugnet.loc.de hoping somebody there can fill in the blanks)
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
Brick Piles          | Santa Fe B-unit