 Trains / 23953 (-20)
  Re: Transformer Power

(...) OR.... You can soop it up. OR you can have someone soop it up for you:-) That is just what I did. Jeff Titchenal of the (URL) Southern Pacific LEGO Train Club> (I hope this is okay to plug your stuff, Jeff!) sells modified 3 amp transformers (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Transformer Power

(...) The chip in the controller is officially rated at 1.3A, but it has a rather small heatsink and automatic thermal shut down, so it seems to go to about 1A continuous. You can push it, but it'll warm up and shut down on you, then you have to (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Transformer Power

Can anyone tell me how much current a standard train controller puts out? I want to run several standard 9v gear motors from a train controller. But, I'm not sure how many I can run, before bad things start to happen. Thanks Steve (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  8 wheeled steam train with driving rods

Mayby not as challenging as the topic title says, but at least I got your attention ;-) I like the way the lego trains were build in the blue track era, but I make no problem with using new parts as well. Having built 4 and 8 wheeled (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone made an American 4-4-0 with BBB wheels?

(...) Oh, sure I ask you about a few nit picky details and you go right for the "does it work" jugular vein. Just kidding. Actually, it doen't get run that much, so I did some preliminary testing. I ran it backwards over a point with five 8-wide (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for train designs

(...) The doors [LDrawPart 4181px1] (or (URL) 4181px1> link to peeron inventory, the LUGNET parts ref isn't working as there is no image currently) or the cab front? [LDrawPart 2924] (or (URL) 2924> ditto) The cab front is very hard to come by, it (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Looking for train designs

(...) Thanks. The 4563 looks good. I'll just have to come up with some of those pieces used for the doors. This train is part of a Great Ball Contraption module, which should show up at Brickfest later this year... Steve (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for train designs

(...) Framed 2 axle, or two independent truck, 4 axle? In either case, cribbing from the official sets is not a bad approach... 4563 for a 2 axle and 4565 for a 2 truck 4 axle. Both are on BrickShelf instruction scans I believe. Those designs are (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Looking for train designs

I don't usually read .train, but I just found myself needing to add a train to my robot. So, I'm trying to find a design for a small switchyard type engine. Can someone point me to some cool modern designs? Thanks Steve (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The royal train website?

(...) The newest version worked for me, some of the style elements were missing but the content seemed to be there e.g. (URL) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The royal train website?

(...) Alack. Wayback only has the front page. (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The royal train website?

(...) (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The royal train website?

Alas, it's New Year's and there's no Royal Train. (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Layout Started

Whoops. basement4.jpg : Playroom nearing completion. Window trim treatment debate finally settled. -=revise to=- (URL) Overview of the big people's side of the project. This took nearly three years, starting out as a simple request to insulate the (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Layout Started

(...) I'd like to see the pics, but you need to post the deep links to the images themselves (hint: URL's should end in .jpg, not ?i=NNNNN) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Layout Started

Thank you all for the advise and help. We're underway with starting a shelf layout. The basement project is finally complete, last of the paint and carpeting. The playroom is nearly 11' a 11' and has already been claimed by a Duplo freight. Seeing (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Live Broadcast from NBC11 News

Great TV spot! Kudos! (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Live Broadcast from NBC11 News

Because of delays due to Christmas and BrickShelf moderation, here is the deep link to the news clip: (URL) was a live broadcast on Wednesday, December 22, 2004, on NBC11 News. The broadcast was from the BayLTC Christmas train layout currently on (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: My First Train MOC - Red Boxcar

(...) Thanks! (...) I might give that a try. I'm planning on doing another boxcar in the same style so I can take more detailed pictures during construction. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (20 years ago, 31-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 12 spoke Train Wheels that were not released

(...) Hi Gary, I asked the same question a few times, but got no positive answer so far. Obviously no prototype has ever left the company. (URL) the meantime lots of other riddles are solved. Most of it has found its way on my train homepage. (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact