 Trains / 23946
Re: Looking for train designs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 15:12:25 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
I don't usually read .train, but I just found myself needing to add a train to
my robot.

So, I'm trying to find a design for a small switchyard type engine.  Can someone
point me to some cool modern designs?

Framed 2 axle, or two independent truck, 4 axle? In either case, cribbing from
the official sets is not a bad approach... 4563 for a 2 axle and 4565 for a 2
truck 4 axle.  Both are on BrickShelf instruction scans I believe. Those designs
are vaguely european but not terrifically so.

Switcher designs haven't changed "much" in the US in 70 years.

Contact me offline if what you are doing is charitable work, I'd consider
letting you use MTW-2001, which will fit any era from 1935 through today.

Also, scan Bricks On The Brain Instruction Portal, I think there are some
designs there.