 Trains / 23947
Re: Looking for train designs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 15:32:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
I don't usually read .train, but I just found myself needing to add a train to
my robot.

So, I'm trying to find a design for a small switchyard type engine.  Can someone
point me to some cool modern designs?

Framed 2 axle, or two independent truck, 4 axle? In either case, cribbing from
the official sets is not a bad approach... 4563 for a 2 axle and 4565 for a 2
truck 4 axle.  Both are on BrickShelf instruction scans I believe.

Thanks.  The 4563 looks good.  I'll just have to come up with some of those
pieces used for the doors.

This train is part of a Great Ball Contraption module, which should show up at
Brickfest later this year...

Steve