 Trains / 23153 (-20)
  Re: Mathis and Raves BNSF loc ( Re: Color me surprised...)

(...) My bad, I had updated my Gallery but forgot to upload the image itself to the proper directory, this has been fixed now, both you, James and others can grab the image now! :-) Greetz, Anton (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Mathis and Raves BNSF loc ( Re: Color me surprised...)

(...) The poster version link is broken. :-( Russell BayLTC/BayLUG (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Mathis and Raves BNSF loc ( Re: Color me surprised...)

A while ago, Anton Raves and I worked on this model of a BNSF loc, but we used black instead of dark green: (URL) and Raves BNSF loc.> I started the basic design and color scheme layout, and Anton finished it up. Very fun collaborative project! (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Color me surprised...

(...) model (...) I still read the group...but, I haven't been building nor designing much lately. I have had nothing to do with whatever secret is hiding in Jake's sneak peak colour stack teaser. I haven't got a clue about what that might become. (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Color me surprised...

(...) Superb, you see what a little bit of trans-atlantic team-work can yield. (...) Agree, I think this sunny snapshot shows the BNSF Heritage 1 scheme rather nicely: (URL) With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New, Modern BNSF Loco From TLC? (Re: Color me surprised...)

(...) Of course you are correct! (the part about James remains to be seen). Also, an "SD" might be questionable, because of the added complication of adding the extra axle, so I would guess a "GP". But you never know.... I didn't quite understand (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NGLTC club house open house event pictures

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) held it’s first of three open houses at it’s Discover Mills Club house on June 26th. It was a very busy day at the mall thus making for a good crowd at the open house. Here are a few pictures from the event: (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Color me surprised...

(...) or something. Mr. Mathis hasn't been saying much lately... (URL) and look at the Heritage 1 scheme. There are better pics out there... (...) Ditto. Dark green is a sweet color. (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide help needed

(...) Yes;-) It really depends upon what you want to build. I have employed all three ideas: (URL) Here> is an example of using a 6 wide train baseplate (you can just see a hint of the gray baseplate). (URL) Here> I used basically just 6x8 plates. (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  One week left - more pics from BayLTC Pleasanton Show

Since June 12, the Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) has had a layout on display at the Amador-Livermore Valley Historical Society and Museum in Pleasanton, California. There is one week left until we take it down next weekend on July 11. This (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, FTX)

  Re: 8 wide help needed

(...) I custom build my baseplates using regular plate, 3 layers thick with 2x4 technic plates built in to accept the bogie pin. I place the technic plate length wise on one layer and sideways on the other. I find the 6x train bases too resticting (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide help needed

(...) For short trucks with four wheels I use a standard 6x24 baseplate with 2xn plates along the edges (see brakevans from the link below) and make the single pairs of wheels rotate a bit with small belts to pull them back to straight. This is (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide help needed

(...) Hello Adam , There are a few ways ,it can be done! If you are building no longer than 28 studs. Then use a 6 wide train base and put 2 wide plates on the edges of it. That would be the easiest way. I have used a 6 wide train base in my 8 wide (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  8 wide help needed

Ladies and gents, I am hoping to build some 8 wide trains, but I'm curious as to what the best method for 8 wides in terms of the base. Do you use a regular 6 wide train base or make your own 8 wide train base or ??? (20 years ago, 4-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's the longest distance your train has run?

(...) I like the SD50. The outer circuit main line of my layout measures 13.53m (90 straights + 16 curves). The speed of the train is 2mph around this circuit, a scale speed of 78mph in 8mm:1ft scale (the maximum speed at which no derailments (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: What's the longest distance your train has run?

Distance? Doesn't every LTC have at least *one* Mindstorms little speed/distance computer, built into a train car? :-) Remember the PNLTC Guinness World Record event in 2000? I guess, from now on, we'll have to build up a car to measure the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

"Bill Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message news:I01Cus.1vIB@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) history (...) operating it (...) it up (...) minuts (...) what (...) We (NCLTC) have done two Christmas layouts at a local mall. The first year (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's the longest distance your train has run?

(...) I'm lazy too, let's get that straight, but I am also a numbers man.. a very, very, extremely, conservative estimate would be 600 miles. More realistic is 1400 miles. This is based on number of show days (40+), minimals hours/day (5), and (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains)

  What next?

(...) ...mmm... ...bridges... Bridges need to have lights on top for aircraft avoidance, and if they're across navigable channels, marker lights at the span bottom for the ship traffic to know where the channels are, and streetlights if they're road (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: What's the longest distance your train has run?

(...) BayLTC is currently in the midst of a month-long display at a local history museum that is running a special exhibit on trains. Since we are operating it five days a week, much of that unattended except by museum docents, we set it up on a (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact