 Trains / 23136
Re: What's the longest distance your train has run?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 00:20:09 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Joseph Woolley wrote:

I am not sure what the total distance was, nor would I want to calculate
it (1) easier after the mod.

// Joe
(1) cause I am lazy  :)

I'm lazy too, let's get that straight, but I am also a numbers man..

a very, very, extremely, conservative estimate would be 600 miles. More
realistic is 1400 miles.

This is based on number of show days (40+), minimals hours/day (5), and comments
like "we turned it off MOST nights.." , and "we sometimes ran it during off
hours too...". and the speed regulators being on full throtte, almost solidified
into that position, for the entire duration. It may have even been as much as
2000 miles...

Paul