 Trains / 23134
Re: What's the longest distance your train has run?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:28:04 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh wrote:
   At last year’s Festival of Trees here in Atlanta, the NGLTC had a small 6’x6’ loop set up under our tree display. I had originally thought that the festival would shut down the power each night during the 9 day festival, thus giving the train a break, I was wrong. The power stayed on 24 hours for 9 days, so our train ran the entire time. On the last day it was running a bit slower but it was still running. I think the joints on the couplers showed the most wear, other than that it worked like a charm.

jt

BayLTC is currently in the midst of a month-long display at a local history museum that is running a special exhibit on trains. Since we are operating it five days a week, much of that unattended except by museum docents, we set it up on a timer which runs it during the museum hours, with a duty cycle of 20 minuts on, 10 minutes off, to prevent overheating. It’ll be interesting to see what shape the trains are in at the end of the exhibit, just the same.

--Bill.