 Trains / 23141
Re: 8 wide help needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 10:16:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Adam Murtha wrote:
Ladies and gents, I am hoping to build some 8 wide trains, but I'm curious as to
what the best method for 8 wides in terms of the base.  Do you use a regular 6
wide train base or make your own 8 wide train base or ???

Hello Adam ,
There are a few ways ,it can be done!
If you are building no longer than 28 studs. Then use a 6 wide train base and
put 2 wide plates on the edges of it. That would be the easiest way.

I have used a 6 wide train base in my 8 wide trains ,just for the large plate
area that they have. Then I put a 2*8 technic plate on the ends,with a few other
plates around it to support it all.

Another way I have done it, was to build the base up all out of plates.I used
2wide plates down the length of the engine, then joining all those up with 6
wide plates to make the width. I put 2*6 plates on the ends , then 2*8 technic
plates. for the bogie plates.

Here is a picture of one of my train bases (10 wide)
But there is also some SNOT on the bottom to make the width.

I hope this helps ! Unfortunatly I have no better pictures to explain.

Teunis   M>ltc