 Trains / 21183 (-20)
  Re: Flaming Smokestacks, Batman! (was Re: Introducing JetRed)

(...) Nope. I'm not bothered by negative commentary. I'm bothered by the tone of that commentary...it's pretty smart-alecky. There's no need. It's like you were a little schoolkid bullying a younger schoolkid because he didn't know the unwritten (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Flaming Smokestacks, Batman! (was Re: Introducing JetRed)

(...) OK, next time someone asks why no one comments, I'll just not bother commenting at all if I can't be 100% positive. Is that what's wanted? The poster was, after all, complaining that no one commented on his models. I highlighted a number of (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Flaming Smokestacks, Batman! (was Re: Introducing JetRed)

(...) lugnet.announce.moc (...) lugnet.trains– Train mania: products (information, opinions, reviews, etc.); building (settings, contexts, characters, projects, models and modeling, layouts, plans, tools, tips, etc.); inspiration (ideas, movies, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: New: TEE Observation Car for 7740/DB103 Passenger Train

(...) Teunis, Thanks for your interest in building a TEE dome car. I hope you have a good build. I've just uploaded old pics and an MLCad file for (URL) my old version TEE dome car>. Perhaps you can improve upon this old design? I'm not exactly (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New: TEE Observation Car for 7740/DB103 Passenger Train

(...) To James Mathis, After buying some train stickers on Ebay, with Panoramawagen included . I have wanted to build a 7740 Dome car of my own . So I went to have a look at your 7740 Dome car on Brickshelf, for inspiration. But I can't view the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

snip (...) Ok, I had to think about how to respond to this, but a response was defintely neccesary. I am not going to respond to the comments about my models, but the last statement you made. If you want realism go look at model team sets. Yes, (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Log Cabin on the water front

Great Job Mike! I really like building with log bricks. Your log cabin is great and very creative. It is a bit close to the water though ;) Ben (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed train on MOC pages

(...) Thanks. (...) True, although not modeled after a shinkansesn, having lived in Japan and having seen them alot, something must have stuck. Next one I'm going to try will probably be modeled after the one-but-last- series. The one with the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress - station scene

(...) The model is made up of sections, the platform and retaining wall are made up of sixteen stud long sections repeated and the bridge girders are half the width so there are four of the same model (you can only see two in the render) Each (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Work in progress - station scene

(...) I found this to be a neat render and it definitely invoked the UK to this visitor... I'd be interested in hearing about how you assembled the bits. I assemble everything in MLCad and it runs out of gas as the element count advances. Is this (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) This is basically a neat recolor of existing stock sets, ne? recolors are neat and this is a fairly sharp fantasy scheme (I can't see using white doors in real life though), yes, but I guess I like MOCs better. The MOC engine (are the two (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: high speed train on MOC pages

(...) I missed this at the time. I think it's spiffy. Thanks for sharing. The nose reminds me of more modern Shinkasens (whereas my bluestriped white HST is designed to be more like earlier ones), which kind of have a shovely nose. Can you tell us (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) yup, you're not alone. I've posted a few trains here, not a single response. Luckily, I ran them at shows, and got alot of oohs and ahhs. for instance: (URL) 1 response. (URL) response from Joe who has seen them live before. These were not a (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) Another quick suggestion: Run you the POV file the L3P generate through the program found here: (URL) does a fairly good job of smoothing the parts that should be curved -Orion (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) I've had train pictures posted for me before.By another AFOL. And did not seem to get much of a responce. But , I then noticed that the veiw number,on my train picture had gone up & up. You have about 1300 veiws , so you're not been ignored. (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Work in progress - station scene

I've put some images of my CAD work in progress, typical British urban/suburban (URL) station set in a cutting> on Brickshelf This intended to be a setting for rolling stock similar to (URL) Ben's bridge> but with the added advantage of the enclosed (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.loc.uk, FTX)

  nw mosic style

welcome to the world of the brickshelf mosaic. (URL) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) Dude don't be disheartened. It has been kinda quite around here since the DDoS attack on Lugnet. But I have to say that I liked your model and would definately like to see more. If you post was intended to elicit response from others then it (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) You know, I am really starting to see a trend here. Since I never seem to get any responses, I think this will be my last post. I guess I would rather be ignored than spammed and feathered at least... (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Log Cabin on the water front

(...) I just uploaded a deconstruction of the cabin in LDR but I made a jpg for all to see also. The deep links are below and after they are moderated the main folder will also be available soon. I used different colors for the Technic beams to show (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.western)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact