 Trains / 20693 (-20)
  Re: BrickTopia Nuclear Missile Factory

(...) SNOT-wise construction. Really beautiful and elegant curving walls. The height achieved complements the shapes so well. Very inovative! Now, I am wondering when the roof-top fan on this building will show up on train locomotives? Perhaps it (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RTLToronto NMRA pictures

Maybe you guys should change your name to RTFMToronto! ;) SteveB (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4512- thoughts

Oh, cool. Thanks for the info. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RTLToronto NMRA pictures

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, John Gerlach wrote: <snip> (...) I didn't want to mention that part for fear of sounding a little 'braggish', but at least 6 tentative invites to other train shows. I don't know if we have the time to get somethign (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RTLToronto NMRA pictures

(...) What's extremely sad about the general public is that they don't read. All of this information and more was on a frickin sign, standing on a post. I know they could all see the sign, because they took Lego Train brochures from the holder (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RTLToronto NMRA pictures

(...) Welcome to the crazy world of displaying a Lego train layout! Glad to hear you had fun, I hope your group continues to 'dabble' in trains. And I'm *really* looking forward to what your RCX expertise can bring to the world of Lego trains. How (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2X2 Electrical Plate Moved to Train Lego Shop @ Home

(...) Yeowch! It's only $5.99 in the summer catalog, though... Mark (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

I also noticed the train connector wire is back online, for 8.99 US... I'm VERY glad its back, but that's a rip off!!! Rob "John Musil" <Studjamn68@aol.com> wrote in message news:HID1FE.1Fz4@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) to make (...) correctly and (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RTLToronto NMRA pictures

(...) Thanks John! We had a great time! When you hear over the PA system, "Such-n such group is having a raffle--you can find them next to the LEGO layout!", you know you've made an impression. The layout was a definite crowd pleaser. And the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  BrickTopia Bullet Train (Modified 4511)

I was excited when I got the new 4511 High Speed Train set, but after more careful analysis, it needed a lot of modifications. Here is the result: (URL) are appreciated. (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  RTLToronto NMRA pictures

I tried just x-posting their message to .trains, but Lugnet said I couldn't do it, because my message was "96% quotes", and that I had to trim some of their message before I could x-post it. The heck with that, I'll just tell you where their message (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 4512- thoughts

(...) WHAT??? No engine? Even though it's nothing too special, almost every other Lego Train set had at least an engine! Was the designer team too lazy too put in an engine that would be like about 15 pieces??? Well thank you for clearing that up (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  San Mateo GATS a success

BayLTC has just completed another successful GATS show. Our layout came out winning the Second Place award in the layout contest. Pictures should be coming around soon. -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Club Representative, ILTCO Member, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  2X2 Electrical Plate Moved to Train Lego Shop @ Home

Just noticed that Lego has decided to include the 2X2 electrical plate as a train accessory. I was wondering when the Lego marketing team was going to make this type of move! It only took them 9 months to market the piece correctly and maybe make (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4512- thoughts

(...) No, no engine in them. Have to build one yourself. I did, using 4 1x2 hinges, 8 1x1 round plates, a 2x2 round, a 2x2x2 bracket, and some 2x plates. It's not like it takes a lot of pieces, just that it isn't included :(. I did another minor (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4512- thoughts

(...) No, it is a turning side dump hopper. The sides are made up of the pieces from the cloud city car (red 5L 2w 2h, bent at 3l), and then have technic pins holding them to the ends. It is quite an inventive way to make it discharge. It is a clean (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I do not recognise these sets

(...) www.reimann.de (one of three best recources to buy online in Germany - and possibly my personal favorite). You might check the partner-shop of 1000steine.de as well, when you are in search for really good prices. From the names it sounds like (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I do not recognise these sets

In lugnet.trains, David Graham wrote: Hi David, Since all set names are identical with the existing ones I strongly doubt this to be new sets. All the names are the same as for the usual S@H train sets. I checked the site and it still gives the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I do not recognise these sets

(...) Do you have a link to that site? From the names it sounds like these are the wagons from the My Own Train Theme from Lego. The first one could be the open-freight wagon, second the hopper, third the passenger wagon, then the tanker, fifth the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

(...) Hi Tim, yes, you (and Thomas) are obviously right! I agree on your conclusions: there is an extra section of ca. 8studs length added into the track in the area of the level crossing (which itself has an span of 16studs). If 16 studs are in top (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact