 Trains / 20618 (-20)
  Re: Trainshed version 2.0

Cool MOC. The light streaming through the windows also adds a nice air to it. The color is nice too. But will it fit 8-wides? :^p Just kidding. Cool redesign. -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

(...) It allows for different track configurations. For example, you can extend a track by only half to set it differently relative to a baseplate. Or, you could make a siding fit into a space a bit better, etc. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Trainshed version 2.0

As much as I was impress with the Trainshed - 10027 I felt it had some short comings. First was that no matter how you set it up, open or closed, it was only half a building. Second was that it was too short. Even opened up it was too short for two (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

"Bruce S. Chamberlain" <sten@woz.org> wrote in message news:EE00913A-B42F-1...woz.org... (...) Why would one want a half straight track? Jeroen (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? 1/2-track segment in 4512?

James, I just checked the box of my 4512 set and the picture is the same showing 2 half track straight tracks, but my set included 17 curve track, three straight track and a switch. I hope half straight track are coming. Bruce (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? 1/2-track segment in 4512?

(...) Klaas, Thank you for your aptitude in both German and English, and your willingness to visit Lugnet, as well as 1000Steine. Thank you very much for the summary on this subject. best regards, James Mathis (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC party

(...) How it's looking for me tomorrow (saturday) I go for coffee in the morning with the buddies. Discuss hair, nails and such... Then I need a haircut so to my sister-in-law's house for that. Then I have work stuff to deal with--I'll unload the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? 1/2-track segment in 4512?

Hi James, I do read German (and participate daily at 1000Steine) and this is what the thread was about: these prototypes are indeed pictured, but NOT enclosed. Nevertheless, it's a sign that our half-track wishes have the attention of the Firm! (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? 1/2-track segment in 4512?

Whoa, that is interesting... I just got the Summer 2003 catalog, unfortunately it doesn't show much track, just one full straight and the switch and curves in the set. That's definitely a half-track though, you can see the locks on it. Since those (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Did I miss something? 1/2-track segment in 4512?

I'm guessing this topic came up in the 1000steine forum, but I don't read German language. Has this topic come and gone here in .trains, and I missed it? Sandy Kostow highlights what appears to be (URL) two 1/2-length (8 stud length) 9v train track (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: DCC party

(...) I've never claimed ANY electronics experience. In fact, I regularily tell people like Mario I have ZERO experience in ANYTHING. Statements heard from me include: -Which direction to you put the resistors in? -Boy, this SQL stuff is so (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC party

(...) Thank you for the advice, it's definitly appreciated. I'm off to George's Trains to night to pic up the decoders, and other supplies. I'll definitly be getting one of those curved exacto blades. I'm hoping Calum, with all of his claimed (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Grade Crossing Question

(...) house-under-construction if you don't mind, it looks like it might work with slopes, and I always have to do weird roofs for a lack of slopes. (...) nice use of those Final Duel corridor-thingies. (...) Indeed! I wouldn't be trying such a (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC party

(...) talk (...) going to (...) Since you're having a nail... er, umm... *DCC* party, I thought I'd pass along a few useful tips: Before cutting the tabs that hold the bottom motor plate on, place some tape on the bottom plate so that you don't (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1000Steineland 2003 images

Hi Bryan! (...) They were all build by René the webmaster of (URL) .. he is a big medival and castle fan! (...) Have you seen the growing collection of pictures at (URL) allready? Check "Modelabschnitt VI" for René's and Jojo's scene. (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 1000steine-Land in Berlin - a review with pictures

Looking through all the pictures of this event has left me rather depressed! Sometimes seeing others amazing models is inspirational and at other time you just think, I could never do that, might as well give up! Oh well, try to be positive (not (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 1000steine-Land in Berlin - a review with pictures

Hi Ben! many many thanks for summarizing all the great aspects from our 1000steine-Land in Berlin. The whole event wasn't only a big get-together of some of the finest European MOCs, it also was a big step into more personal contacts among fans and (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  8-Wide 0-Series Shinkansen

I built an 8-stud-wide 0-series Shinkansen. The whole model started from an idea to use the 2x4 wedge plates as a windscreen. I tried it and it looked good, so I did the rest of the model. I must acknowlege Dave Fossett, an endless source of (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Grade Crossing Question

Stefan, here's two ways that I've tackled that problem... (URL) you can also do this too (URL) the easiest thing to do is not have a street crossing the curved railroad tracks! LOL! Anyway, hope these 2 pics help you with some ideas! Ray Silva SPLTC (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Grade Crossing Question

Hi all, Did a search but couldn't find anything, so... Does anyone know of any curved grade crossings that have been done (I know Lego hasn't made any obviously, I mean if any MOCs exist)? Thanks in advance. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact