 Trains / 20258
Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 14:01:12 GMT

That observation car is absoulutely amazing.  Lionel a Lego, eh?

Those chrome parts are all Lego ..

I know that, I was referring to the look of the models.  Lionel Trains once made
streamliners where the end cap which was a seperate component was chromed, while
the body was duller flat silver-ish chrome-y color.

As for critiques though, I'd have to point out that the engines are F3s (Or
another in that line) but they're not Alcos.  Alcos have the characteristic
snub-nose.

Oops EMFs then? But the coaches are defo Budd Heavyweights ... correct?

EMDs.  Electro-Motive Division, IIRC.  The cars are Budd Stainless Steel
Streamliners.  Heavyweights are the old (usually) green cars often associated
with the American West and up to the 1930s or 40s.

Another question also; how did you get the fans to work on the engines?  Did you
drill a hole through the 2x3 curved bricks?

-Stefan-