 Trains / 19908 (-20)
  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

(...) I can't possibly see how your original post was harsh, condescending or dismissive. You're just stating your opinion and you should. The only person who could be possibly offended is Centerline, and at that, you're entitled to your opinion (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Manzius (Picard) Train uses Jango Canopy

Check out this Jango Fett canopy train by Christian Manzius (PICARD): (URL) Mathis (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: drawbridge

(...) yes thank you for fixing the link. some how some extra characters got added in to the link. i will be showing this at a talent show on may 10th. i just finished it yesterday. it was such a nice day outside and i don't really have a flat (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: drawbridge

(...) or did you work from memory or? Did you have any challenges in keeping the two motors sychronized? That's been a bugaboo for others, that one side or the other raises a bit too fast and skews things. I think this is my fave shot: (URL) thanks (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: drawbridge

(...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

Zonker still can't post but is reading the thread with interest... he sent me this (reproduced in it's entiriety) and asked me to post it. ___...___ As a follow-up to my first posting (and hoping to answer a few questions raised by other posters), (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  drawbridge

hi everyone, a friend asked me to build a drawbridge for a train display. so this is what i came up with: (URL) is loosely based on the Hawthorne Bridge in Portland Oregon: (URL) are 3 spans. each span is 96 studs long. the center section lift is (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

(...) Terry..... You.........Harsh......... ;-) Go figure......:-D Sharkey (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

I have to agree with Larry here in that the announcement itself is far more important than the product itself. It shows that an outside company has noticed the swell in activity around "L-Gauge" trains and they feel there is room in the marketplace (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

(...) too (...) <grin> Yes, it does... But typically it's "elbow grease". :-) Mark (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

My first post. after re-reading it, sounds a bit too harsh. What I meant to say is that I don't, personnally, see the use of the cleaner for personnal uses. But as I said, maybe it didn't come out right, I wish good luck to the people who created (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

(...) "you" in this context being Centerline(tm) (1), not Zonker (or any of the posters to this thread). What is most significant about this is that Centerline decided to offer this, not (believe it or not) whether it actually works or is a good (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

(...) That would be my expectation too. Unless the pad is fuzzy enough to get at the sides a bit? Or the fluid picked up by successive flanges works its way down to the edges? The original report says they saw an improvement in performance. Maybe (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

(...) You haven't tried to clean a club layout at a train show. A double-loop, 15'x 30' layout is going to be over 180 running feet of track. Actually, since you have to do each rail separately, it's closer to 360 feet of track. That's not including (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

(...) Agreed! Having third party LEGO support products is an excellent step forward in the hobby of electric LEGO trains. The fact that this product exists is remarkable news! <snip> (...) Well, from personal experience in our club, I can tell you (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

(...) But wouldn't a piece of clothing and water-soap do the trick? 104$ for a gadget that will probably take more time cleaning the track than what you'd take to wide it clean with a cloth, it seems expansive to me. Furthemore, isn't it a waste of (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

It's true the power comes from the inside top corner of the rail, but if you look closer at the wheels on your train motor, you'll see that there is a rubber O-ring which makes contact with the *top* of the rail. I think most of the tractive force (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

(...) Oh well, at least neither of us will be flamed alone! But I reckon that your spell check time was wasted: "...except make the track shinny" Shinny? ;-) Cheers Richie (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

Kinda funny that we both wrote the same thing at the same time isn’t it. Too bad spell check slowed me down. =) OnDrew (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

I hate to get on someone’s bad side right away but isn’t this track cleaner cleaning the wrong part of the track? Unlike all other scales of trains Lego trains get the power from the inside part of the rail. So basically this track cleaner isn’t (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact