 Trains / 19738 (-20)
  High Speed Diesel Locomotive

The more that I look at the box art for the new passenger train ((URL) the more that I dislike the engine. Maybe it is the bird beak front, or the canopy windscreen (does it come with an ejection seat?) I just noticed that the sides are only four (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some industrial structures - work in progress

Okay. I didn't realize that part was available in bricks. I have some plates in that color off the Republic Gunship and a Racers set. Spiffy. -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Return of The Random LEGO Set Name Generator

(...) Not so hard, it's already been done. Look at the bottom of this page: (URL) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LLBillund Train Piece Question

It's interesting to note the 1x2 bricks that form the walls of the circular depression in which the train sits. They are bent to form a curve in the same manner that Daniel Siskind 'discovered' with his boat hulls. Seth. (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7 wide Passenger Car Roof uses Shovels

(...) Hi James, Hi Dirk, as supposed by Dirk I really loved the 7wide passenger cars. Not only because they are 7wide, but because of their great design. I really like the solution James found for the undercarriage. Perfectly done! Same with the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7 wide Passenger Car Roof uses Shovels

(...) Very useful to view the hi-res. I think I will learn many potential techniques and become inspired by elements and constructions in the pictures you show. Thanks for posting the hi-rez. (...) Not many at Bricklink. I have a few only: 5 black, (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  7 wide Passenger Car Roof uses Shovels

Hi James, I really appreciated to see my hi-res pictures referenced by you. So it was very very useful to upload such big images... The idea to use this as a roof element is congenial. Hope you get enough of them! I'm sure that Ben Beneke will love (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Working LEGO Clock Tower

Oh, I really like this and look forward to seeing how to make it! I never ever would have thought of making a clock out of lego... thanks for snapping me out of my limited imagination. :) "Chris Phillips" <drvegetable@attbi.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Train Operating Weekend

Hi fellas, So, anything further on this by any chance? Of particular interest at the moment would be just how much gear you had on hand.. boosters, throttles, jack panels, that sort of thing. Specifically how much boosted power was available? Also, (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7wide Passenger Car Roof uses Shovels

I think you're certifiable, James! Wow, that's awesome!! I never would have thought to use that element in that way. Now, how are you going to find that many of them to make the model in the ABS? -Tim (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  7wide Passenger Car Roof uses Shovels

This picture gave me an idea: (URL) for the street lamp. Thanks to Bruce Chamberlain for identifying this element for me. I was stumped. Now, how to possibly use this scoop hinge element for a roof? I like this piece for the curved end does not (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some industrial structures - work in progress

It's called yellow-orange, a little more yellow then the straight Orange (as the name might suggest. :) You can see the difference (kind of) here... (URL) better here... (URL) and a photo of two adjacent bricks here... (URL) Henry calls it med (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some industrial structures - work in progress

I'm slowly building a web site on the MOCpages site, here's the most recent (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LLBillund Train Piece Question

Just to explain what these colours are. Danish steam engines had chimney-bands (skorstensbånd), which marked whom it belonged to. The one we see here is the state railways (red-white-red, Danish flag) DSB, but also other state-related railways used (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some industrial structures - work in progress

(...) Rio Grande is one of my favorite railroads. (...) So are your Lego versions orange and gray or yellow and gray or did you use another color? -Stefan- (22 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some industrial structures - work in progress

In lugnet.trains, Steve Barile writes: That's a beautiful building (is that you on top? ;-) and a great story too! Will use "What, have you ran out of yellow bricks!" at work too. Jeroen (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some industrial structures - work in progress

Man, I run into that all the time! You kinda expect to with some rare colors... but once in a while I can't believe I don't have enough 1x1 plates w/clip in yellow or something like that. Also my wife gives me the major roll of the eyes, usually (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some industrial structures - work in progress

Great structure you got there Steve! Thanks for posting some pics of it. I also like'd seeing some of your brick inventory in the background. Do you run into not having the right brick piece in the right color very often? I know I do! Ray SCLTC (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some industrial structures - work in progress

Great work Steve! I really like delivery system in the middle. Have any close ups? I also like the mountain in the background. How's that coming? Robert (22 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 100-Ton Hopper Cars

Thanks Eric, And no, that is not "MY" my blue. It's yours now. B. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact