 Trains / 19722
Re: Some industrial structures - work in progress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:45:06 GMT

Man, I run into that all the time! You kinda expect to with some rare
colors... but once in a while I can't believe I don't have enough 1x1 plates
w/clip in yellow or something like that.

Also my wife gives me the major roll of the eyes, usually followed by some
"poor baby" comment. Or "Don't even start complaining about not having
enough LEGO!"

Oh yeah that reminds me, I had the opportunity to chat with a LEGO model
designer who relayed a story to me. He said that a few of them over heard a
colleague on the phone to his wife from work complaining about how they "ran
out of yellow nxn elements" and his wife gave him a good tongue lashing
saying, "All you have to complain about at work is running out of yellow
bricks!" Now at the model shop when someone's in an "off" mood they tease
each other by saying "What, have you ran out of yellow bricks!"

SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Ray Silva writes:
Great structure you got there Steve!  Thanks for posting some pics of it.

I also like'd seeing some of your brick inventory in the background.  Do you
run into not having the right brick piece in the right color very often?  I
know I do!

Ray
SCLTC