 Trains / 19738
19737  |  19739
Subject:
High Speed Diesel Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:36:42 GMT

The more that I look at the box art for the new passenger train
(http://www.iltco.org/sneakpeek/boxart/?image=1), the more that I dislike
the engine.  Maybe it is the bird beak front, or the canopy windscreen (does
it come with an ejection seat?)  I just noticed that the sides are only four
bricks high - no train door added to those cars.

Any way, since we don't have a lot of electrified track here in the US, I
have built a fast looking diesel locomotive -
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=371668 (sorry for the poor
quality image) to go with the new cars.  Yes, that is the front canopy from
a Jack Stone jet - see http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4620

I will try to get better images posted - I think it looks pretty good.  And
I think this would have been a better design direction for the new passenger
train.