 Trains / 19751
Re: High Speed Diesel Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:56:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
In lugnet.trains, Bob Hayes writes:
The more that I look at the box art for the new passenger train
(http://www.iltco.org/sneakpeek/boxart/?image=1), the more that I dislike
the engine.

I wonder how far "out" the nose swings beyond the edge of curved track?
Maybe not too much since the nose tapers to 2-wide?
When I first saw pictures of this new passenger train set, I thought the
loc's front canopy window was direct from Alpha Team, but I see now that it
is a slightly different taper at its base.  I will like the trans-gray/black
thin-wall windows.

The dark windows will have lots of uses.

Bob, I like your loc.
What strikes me most is that the painted JS stripes and graphics don't line
up directly with standard LEGO(R) plate thickness.  I like the white
turntable(?) bases on the roof-- cool.

later,
James Mathis

When I first held the JS canopy, I thought that the strips were plate
thickness and plate aligned.  Only when I tried to put it together did a
relize they where not.

Thet were white turntable bases, but I have since changed them and the flat
part of the roof to gray (I only had one gray turntable, but then I realized
that one came in that same JS set - my three year old son was playing with
the rest of that set.  He was very un-happy when he saw that I took the
wings and the front of the plant to make a train.).  It looks good because
the lip on http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=2875 hides most of
the gray when seen from the side.