 Trains / 19679
Re: 12v motor in 9v trains - how?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 22:37:40 GMT

Mike Chapman wrote:
Hi,

I wondered how, or even if, people have put 12v motors into 9v trains. The
motors themselves are almost identical in build but the 9v motors have those
side pieces and the wheels are slightly bigger - very noticeable when you
put a 12v plain motor in place of a 9v one especially on the larger engines
with another set of wheels (e.g. Santa Fe). It just doesn't look right.

Wouldn't converting the 9V motor as Ben Beneke described it have been
easier? http://www.fgltc.org/bwoabs/9v_12v/9v_12v.phtml#convert has all the
details and seems a lot easier and safer.

Good luck!
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/
LEGO Santa Fe B-unit | http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/lego/f7b.html