 Trains / 19680
19679  |  19681
Subject:
12V and 9V on same track footprint
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:49:59 GMT

I am doing some experimenting with running 12V rails inside 9V rails
so I can run 9V and 12V on the same track.  Obviously the switches
don't work, but I always though the curves and straights would - but I
find that there are ridges across the bottom of 12V curves so they
won't fit with all of the 9V ties.

Is there any 12V curved track out there that does fit (I believe it
changed a little during its lifetime)?  Or should I just file down my
12V to make if fit (sound scary.  What have others done?

-Matt :)

www.auctionbrick.com - username mchiles
www.insidethevault.com - mattchiles@gorge.net
  Matt Chiles