 Trains / 18923 (-10)
  Re: New Poll

In lugnet.trains, Matthew J. Chiles writes: <snip history of LEGO train gauge> (...) "thin challenged"? (...) Ahh, my new favorite pet scale: 8wide....GAUGE:-) (1:24 scale) Of course you are right, Matt. When I model "prototypically", it is really (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2003 Trains - great!

(...) At a minimum, you need a state sales tax license which will probably require state registration as a business. Don't assume that there is any great savings by purchasing from Marz. LEGO leaves them very little margin, especially with new (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2003 Trains - great!

It was good to hear of the new trains for 2003. Looking in the rest of the Marz catalogue there is no mention of track, points or speed regulator. Are they expecting shops to only stock these 4 sets and you have to go to S@H for the add-ons? It is (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alco c420 2010 Diesel Locomotive and a Generic

(...) It looks good, I was just being silly. (...) Funny thing is that my SD-40s steps are straight up, and they should be successively recessed. (...) Me neither, I use overlapping light sabers to simulate tubing. I haven't tried to doing real (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Poll

(...) This reminds me of the legend of the current standard gauge, - that it was passed down from Roman times because that's what their chariot wheel widths were. Well, in the case of Lego where did our gauge come from? Where did 9V gauge come from? (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Copenhagen Metro subway station!

(...) I considered writing the Copenhagen Metro Company and ask if they could use my model for some purpose. But the model was only built for my own fun (and of course to be published on Brickshelf and Lugnet!). I haven't yet attended any LEGO train (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alco c420 2010 Diesel Locomotive and a Generic

(...) Yeah, I probably shouldn't have even announced this MOCery of the USA diesel. You and others have spent years fine-tuning and perfecting the look of the USA diesels. I'm playing catch-up and obviously not matching your specific and mutual (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Width with respect to weight (was: Re: New Poll)

(...) I noticed the gaff, but didn't want to embarrass Rhinehart;-D (...) I don't normally make 2 axle cars, but I did create an Annie and Claribel for my Thomas the Tank Engine recently. These cars are British, and while they are pretty straight (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Minifigure Scale

It would also make minifigures around 3-4 feet wide with a 18" diameter head. It's silly to think you can use the mini-figures to prototype anything to the level of detail you want to model. For your pure prototyping you might as well use your own (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Poll

Hi Ben and John, first my name is written Meier, not Meyer. Ben will never learn this ;-) For sure, it makes a real big difference. Mostly all freight cars before the 2nd world war have been 2 axle cars in Germany, same applies to other european (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact