 Trains / 1874
Re: What are the most valuable Service Packs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 17:31:08 GMT

I doubt this pack is really all that rare, but one of my favorites is the 5071
Large Wheel Set.  This set contains two red locomotive wheelsets of the style
that comes in the 7750 12V Electric Steam Locomotive (and as far as I know,
only in the 7750).  I bought two 5071's from Grahame Reid when his favorite toy
store went out of business last winter, and since then I've been working on a
German-prototype narrow-gauge Tenderlok using them (the prototype is actually a
2-10-2 if I have the terminology correct, but I'm making a 2-8-2).  I've never
seen either the 5071 or the 7750 auctioned or sold, so I have no clue what
"market value" might be, and I have no intention of finding out anytime soon :)

Aside to John Neal:  Since I'm building a narrow-gauge locomotive, the
6-stud-wide scale works fine--no need to build 8 studs wide! ;-)

Alan