 General / 6507
Re: What are the most valuable Service Packs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 19:54:37 GMT

G. Benedikt Rochow wrote:

Yes, those 2 (each) red, yellow and black pieces are the ones I'm talking
about.  No they aren't labelled as unique in any catalog.  I was only trying
to make a point that if you decided (like I did) to make a Thatcher Perkins
from scratch (only spare pieces), what would most likely prevent you from
completing your model.  These 6 pieces (and of course the stickers) are the
"key" to completing your set.  All other pieces are found in multiple other
sets.

So maybe "unique" isn't the right word,  so "found in no other set regular
set except this parts pack" would fit the bill..

But how *are* these different from the ones used in several period
train sets?

-gbr

I am no Lego train expert, but I think that they are different in that the
Thatcher Perkins Locomotive is much much larger than any of the Lego Train
locomotives.  The Thatcher Perkins was a "model" kit, and not a part of the Lego
Train System.  They used the large spoked wheels (4x4), and are much larger than
any of those wheels used by Lego Trains.

Does that help.

Gary Istok

(I'm signing off until Monday, happy weekend all.....)