 General / 6495
Re: What are the most valuable Service Packs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 18:19:42 GMT

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 16:40:35 GMT, Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote:

It's been a dull week on the net.......
Someone recently asked me which service/parts pack was the most
valuable.  I had to really think about that one for a while.

I guess "rarest" and "most valuable" service packs can mean 2 different
things.

Now for a trivia question, what would be considered to be the most
valuable service pack?  (There surely will be many answers).

Everyone (well almost everyone) knows how much I like slopes, so
obviously, the most valuable packs to me include slopes.  5216 is
obviously a great pack, being that the slopes are black, and include
most of the available medium slope varieties.  But more USEFUL for
large scale building is probably the 1082 Dacta roof pack.  This box
has well over 300 pieces, including medium and low slope varieties
in red and blue, including the hard to find blue inside corner.  It
also has blue apex connectors.  The only things missing to make this
a REALLY great set are outside corners and tri-sloped apex ends.

Rob

|  Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com             |
http://www.farver.com/lego/              |
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rfarver  |