 General / 6504
Re: What are the most valuable Service Packs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 19:31:58 GMT

Rob Farver wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 16:40:35 GMT, Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote:

It's been a dull week on the net.......
Someone recently asked me which service/parts pack was the most
valuable.  I had to really think about that one for a while.

I guess "rarest" and "most valuable" service packs can mean 2 different
things.

Now for a trivia question, what would be considered to be the most
valuable service pack?  (There surely will be many answers).

Everyone (well almost everyone) knows how much I like slopes, so
obviously, the most valuable packs to me include slopes.  5216 is
obviously a great pack, being that the slopes are black, and include
most of the available medium slope varieties.  But more USEFUL for
large scale building is probably the 1082 Dacta roof pack.  This box
has well over 300 pieces, including medium and low slope varieties
in red and blue, including the hard to find blue inside corner.  It
also has blue apex connectors.  The only things missing to make this
a REALLY great set are outside corners and tri-sloped apex ends.

Rob

Hey Rob,

I just recently got a set 283 "Sloping Ridge and Valley Bricks" in Blue
service pack from the 1958-67 era, which is in the Lugnet Database.

It has the following:.

(10) 2x2 blue outside corner bricks (rare!)
(5) 2x2 blue inside corner bricks
(3) 1x2 blue tri-sloped apex bricks
(1) 2x2 blue apex connector
(1) 2x2 apex brick with "L" roof line (2 gable ends perpendicular to each
other) **

**  This rare piece was only made from 1950's to circa 1967.

With your lust for sloped bricks, do you have this set?

Gary Istok