 Trains / 18273 (-20)
  Re: New Lime/Green railcar set

Oh, some specs... Size: 6 studs wide, 44 studs long Special color elements: Each car takes 40 2x4 bricks and 8 1x3 bricks in lime Windows: Main row of windows: SNOT 7x 1x2x2 clear panels (14 in all) Double windows on ends: SNOT 2x 1x2 clear* bricks (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Promoting our hobby (through greater online presence)

We all know how our trains are scene stealers at shows such as GATS and all. Important as it is in spreading the news of our great hobby, we must also reach out to our model railroad friends online as well. I have taken my mediocre site and joined a (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New Lime/Green railcar set

I'm not sure what a set of three coaches running under their own power is called... Lar? Anyway here are some deep links to a lime green, green, & black livery 3 car set. cab: (URL) consist: (URL) real version: (URL) life version (HO anyway): (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

...than why not Atlas or some other model RR company produce "L" gauge track. Why not one of us? Why not hand spike "L" gauge track using model RR materials? Lots of out-of-the-box ideas here... The construction criteria for LEGO elements with the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

(...) He didn't quote prices, but given how he was talking about the need to make huge quantities for them to earn something, and my own experience in making molds, I'd say at least 50,000 for the 2 curves, not including the assembly stuff to put (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

(...) What did Brad say the molds would cost? -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

(...) Wow those would be fantastic. Most of us have more curves than we know what to do with, but those would certainly get us salivating. Dream rails indeed, they are delightful. Nice work. -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

(...) Might as well have done 72 as well, ne? (...) Very nice work! I especially liked the switch! (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

(...) This would be so cool... just the 56 would already be nice, but having 88 and 104 , either as replacements or additional, would be awesome! Only problem I see is that we'll need a bigger hall at LEGOWorld 2003 for the train layout ;) (...) Now (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Dream rails

Hi guys, I just put on brickshelf some pics of wish-lego-produced-them rails. These images are made from Autocad 14 and exported as bitmap images,then converted to gif images with Photo Editor. (URL) you can see 4 different curves. They all cover a (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lights and train power supply question

(...) Yes !! I'll go and try it. Now if only Lego would make a speed regulator that was "slightly" less bulky.... Paul (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lights and train power supply question

(...) If routed through a speed regulator to go from tip/ring connection to LEGO(r) 2x2 double plate connection, yes. (...) Many of us power lots of accessories this way, lights, motors, etc. I even power 12V stuff this way. There presumably is a (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  lights and train power supply question

Can you run the lights from the light and sound sets (9V), with the 9V train transformer? For a project I have 20 lights, I now use 10 9V battery boxes, and connecting multiple lights to 1 battery box decreases the intensity of the individual (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Where is Toni Läävari?

Hi! I have tried to contact Toni for a little more than a week now. Does anyone know where he is? BR Sonnich (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) Ah. I stand corrected on the rod location issue then. I see y'alls point. Plus, I could have just looked at the photo of a J that hangs in my room (DUH! :^P ). The rods are about 15" away from the edge of the driver, and about a foot away from (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) The telling factor here is the mechanical advantage desired. Fast passenger locomotives with large drivers may well have their rod connetion point much closer to the center proportionally than small drivered steamers intended for low speed (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) Hi Stefan, if you take a look at real steam engines, you can easiely find out, that there have been different solutions. Some had the eye quite near the flange, but lots of them had it much nearer the center than to the flange. So if lots of (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC Closes Out 2002 With 2 Public Displays!

SCLTC Year End Public Displays The SCLTC is proud to announce that our multi-level “mountain town” will be on public display at the following locations: November 10, 2002 Toy Train Operating Society Annual Cal-Stewart Meet (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) Uhh...oops. I didn't know the Milwaukee Road streamlined any Hudsons. That's what I get for not looking at the wheels. (...) I look forward to seeing them. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) Ah, you are looking for a Hiawatha Atlantic, are you Stefan? Actually, J-1 was modeling a Hiawatha Hudson with a little selective compression on the number of drivers (his MOC is actually a 4-4-4 instead of the proper 4-6-4) I, on the other (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact