 Trains / 15788 (-20)
  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Thank you for the compliment! Miniland is IMO the highest standard of detailed construction, although they get to use things we mortals could never get our hands on, even with BrickLink. (like several hundred of those 4 scoop white ice cream (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Um... I'm speechless. Almost. :-) This minifig scale building rivals the detail and look of some of Miniland's finest. IIRC the KC US is still standing, not too far away from Crown Center, and is now a museum. The real station is kind of at a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  New MOCs, some entries for the TOWN Contest

I've been pretty busy lately. The following represents about two months of work and it's all stuff I built for the recent TEXLUG meeting. For the 2002 TOWN contest: D Large buildings (URL) Row Buildings 3 small connected office buildings. N Bridges (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.us.texlug) !

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

I find myself looking for adjectives to describe this model. Simply outstanding! Any detail you could give on the roof construction would be greatly appreciated. I am always looking for ways to build roofs without slopes. TIA, Robert Powell (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

After 3 years of planning and 6 months of building, I am pleased to announce the completion of the main section of Union Station, modeled after the real building in Kansas City, MO. This is also my entry for the 2002 Town Building Contest C (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan) !!

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

When we setup for the jackson street roundhouse, unload and setup ran about 3-4 hours with 8 people. Mostly a lot of standing around however because it was our first time putting it together. -john3 (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Oh no! It's the poster guy again!

Yes boys and girls, it is I. At (URL) you will find the 10020 poster (with stickers/decals and sadly with grey wheels (it's a LGEO thing)) and at (URL) a first "rough" of a 10020 advert... Have a nice weekend. (I know I will cos it's my birthday and (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(I messed with the thread to point it to .org and make other NGs less noisy) (...) Well, we just happen to have a show this weekend-- I'll time it and get back to you:-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: International LegoTrain Auctions

(...) I figured out why my search results have changed. ebay changed the way their system does a search. Go to Smart Search, then select the Advanced Search tab. In the lower right there is a box that is checked by default that searches English (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train motor repair-9v

I used a clean rag with some CRC brand CO2 solvent sprayed on it. It's safe with plastics and is used to clean electronics etc. It leaves no residue.... Some other Lugnetters have suggested Methylated Spirits ... Whatever you use, test it on a (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sfsc b-unit, here is mine

(...) Hi Matt, thanks! Building 2 copies of my b-unit will take 4 copies of set 10020 + 2 additional copies of these panes trans-clear with porthole light gray. I too think that some of the parts you need you get only with set 10020 (light gray (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(...) Thanks! (...) Yes, you're right. I ought to build some nice little trolley or something for that upper loop. That's a very good idea. The Metroliner was simply a 'train of convenience', if you know what I mean. It was handy when I was taking (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(...) That IS cool. I can't wait to see what they come up with. I am looking forward to more great ideas on how to make interesting layouts w/o the loss of flexibility and huge brick requirement. (...) Yes, this is partly the case. However, in (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: MOC Grain Hopper

"Steve Barile" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:Gszprw.5zp@lugnet.com... (...) Not at all. It took some work to get the gaps in the ends and top to be minimized. Dean (...) the (...) order, (...) Kevin (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Trains Talk From Brickswest Slides Posted?

Hi, I was wondering if the slides from the PNLTC talk on Saturday morning at BricksWest were up somewere? Thanks, Mark (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer Parts Library?

(...) Trains is as good a place as any, and there was a thread in lugnet.cad as well... but the subgroup probably isn't ideal. TD files and LD files have no relationship whatever so you would not get updates to your TD registry by installing new LD (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  MOC train cars and loco

Hi everyone, Finally, I found the way to post pics and put them in sort of order. Here is some pics of my latest creations. Unfortunately, the quality of the pics aren't the best but they give you a good idea of what it is. Here are them all: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Grain Hopper

Nice job! I really like the rubberband idea. Thanks for sharing that one. Hope you don't mind me borrowing that one so I can finally finish mine. :) SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC Grain Hopper

At long last, after over a year of planning, I present to you all, for the first time, my version of the Grain Hopper! (sans decals [They are on order, Government of Canada Grain Hopper!]) (URL) had originally dismissed using the 1/4 curve pieces (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train motor repair-9v

What do you recommend for cleaning the track? (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact