 Trains / 15618 (-20)
  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

(...) None, but boy is it cool!!! Thanks!!! tres geek chic. I may have to put it up on the front page of .trains for a bit... (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

(...) Correct. Moreover, it was a southern route. I'd have to dig up my route map but I think it went more south than west initially. However remember: "Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe" is the road name... I believe all three of those towns (two in KS, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

Can you color in the states where there are LTCs? My guess is that you can tell already! SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib, part Zwei

(...) Well so far he's been right. There have *been* no new train sets released from the mothership. Only good stuff from the skunkworks that is LD. That it appears that some of them were designed by the same designer (but in a "free of mothership (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Terminology Question

(...) This is due to the use of only 2 couplers ;-). Sort of like the "Super Chief" F7's, they were draw bar connected, there for the # waslike 300L, 300C, 300D, 300B. 2 couplers count as one whole, no matter the # of cars/wheels in between. Josh (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe caboose

(...) "B" Calf is a cabless road switcher. These are hood units, the cabless versions are "B" units. Same sort of idea, more horsepower without an additional engineer, but different term. (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Terminology Question

We are have a railcar manufacturer here in Portland called Gunderson that makes (www.gbrx.com/produc...rame.html) container cars. There is a picture gallery at there site. SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Super Chief" (was: Santa Fe caboose)

(...) Not yet it doesn't and it won't if we don't let it! (why do I feel like King Canute??... And no, I wasn't "begging that question") (...) Sure. Usually freight geared. (...) Undoubtedly. Some units got a temp assignment. Some units got regeared (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Terminology Question

(...) Intermodal used to describe a system of transportation for a container of some sort that uses multiple modes from departure to destination. This container can be a large, semi-trailer mounted container, or standard semi trailer, etc. If they (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  "Super Chief" (was: Santa Fe caboose)

Like it or not, the name now has two meanings: 1: A real-world named train, run by Santa Fe many years ago 2: A Lego set that consists of an EMD (F7? other F?) locomotive in Santa Fe's red/yellow/"silver" war-bonnet paint scheme. David can pull a (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Terminology Question

(...) I believe that "articulated" is the correct term. Think of it as a single piece of rolling stock (which it is) that happens to bend in a few places. The term "intermodal" refers to the system of containers that are carried on ships, trains, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

(...) The Super Chief ran passenger service between Chicago and Los Angeles. I'm not sure how the route crosses through states so I don't know exactly which states. As far as I know, it didn't go trough the Northeast, South, or Northwest. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Terminology Question

What is the generic name for container cars that share a set of wheels in between them? Similar to this: (URL) they called intermodals? Or is that a "brand" name? thanks, TJ (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

(...) Well I just added 2 more in Massachusetts (8188 and 8263). (...) Well I can say the Super Chief never ran through New England. My guess is that is was mostly in the South West but I am not sure. Eric Kingsley (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe caboose

(...) Good job on the caboose. I also liked the calf unit you built. I want to get another Super Chief so I can make a calf too. One thing I'd like to point out, the Super Chief would never pull a caboose (not typically, anyway). The silver, red, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe Distribution Map

Last night, I while waiting for something to finish, I put together this little map of the US Santa Fe engine distribution. (URL) pulled the data from the SF Registry site, pruned it down to the US(1), integrated it into a GIS(2) coverage and (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe caboose

(...) I'd agree that the rounded edge is too small to model, but the overall curve of the roof can still be done. I like to have (in six-wide at least) a plated roof, with the middle four studs raised by one plate. This isn't my best example of (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib, part Zwei

(...) All I gave as forecast in the beginning of 2002 has been the statement, that there would be no new train sets released in 2002. Again a huge disinformation..... Ashes on my head for that. (I simply believed the guy from TLC who told me so). (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Shop@Home Catalog Train Shed Instructions!

Sorry about that, that this wasy my 1st attempt at a .mpd file. Try it now. I've fixed the problem. As for a scan of the shed,... hum... no idea? A word to note, the .mpd file is MISSING the 1x4x6 doors with glass. I did not put them in becuase they (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib, part Zwei

(...) Well, I'm not sure whether or not it's photoshopped, but there IS a newspaper called the Allgemeine Zeitung. According to Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, it's the oldest daily paper in Namibia. -- Thomas Main thomasmain@hotmail.com (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact