 Trains / 14311
Re: Track? MOC or New?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 00:05:32 GMT

Dean Husby wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Steve Barile writes:
I think we are closer to seeing a new larger track radius than anything
else, mostly cause it seems like the least R&D dollars and is backwardly
compatible with all other track elements.
SteveB

Roger that. Just ONE new mold, and a rather simple one at that, and all of a
sudden a lot of people are a lot happier.

I would say the best chance would be the short Straights. (1/2 or 1/3,
1/4) That's the same design just as a straight just shorter. No thought
really involved...

In fact, these are fairly simple to make yourself. Fellow PNLTC member, Dan
Parker, used a model railroading track saw to modify a few sections of track, and
he can now make straight track sections of any length.

To cut perfectly straight lines, get a handful of your wost-looking brick, and
build a wall next to the line you want to cut. Then lay the saw up against the
wall, and work carefully and slowly. The bricks will be the worse for wear, but
the track shoud have a nice clean cut.

Remember that the cut ends of track will function as an insulated gap, and you
may need to provide additional electricity to non-connected spurs.

Rick Clark