 Trains / 14300
Re: Track? MOC or New?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 04:13:06 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
You raise good points. I forgot that Flex Track has two important
characteristics:

- you can cut it to the length you desire

Of course most track can be cut to any length.

- you can bend it to the shape you desire (within limits)

This really is the most important feature of flex track, there's also a
third feature, at least for the smaller scales

- it comes in longer lengths which allow fewer track joins and thus
higher reliability

My suggested track design addresses only the second point, not the first.
And as Ross points out it is liable to be an adult only item, it would never
withstand toybox storage. Hence limited utility and not likely to have the
numbers to get produced

An expanding track section would have some capability to adjust length
(in fact, I think some of the new one piece track/roadbed systems have
expandable straight tracks, this would be useful for laying track at
angles other than 90 degrees so could add some valuable flexibility with
a not horribly complex track element.

Frank