 Trains / 14312
Re: idea book revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 01:16:06 GMT

"Josh Baakko" <shi_web@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Goo0Js.4tt@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.trains, Christopher Tracey writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

The best way to overcome this is to make the idea book on a cd-rom in
pdf format.

How about an .EXE (exicutable program) type thingy?  My computer won't • load
.pdf files :-(

Josh

[ ... snipped ... ]

Creating an executable program is waaaay more work than creating an Acrobat
(.pdf) document.  One of the nice things about Acrobat documents is their
portability. Why won't your computer load PDF files?  Do you have Acrobat
Reader installed?

If not, download it from:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html

A couple of comments on the decision to use Acrobat (which I think is a good
one).  Acrobat documents can be optimized for press, screen, or print.  You
may want to include print and screen versions on the CD.  Screen versions
load quickly when working electronically but typically don't have the
resolution one would want for printing.  Print or Press quality will load
very slowly but prints well.  Since you should have lots of space on a CD,
providing both shouldn't be much of a problem.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot