 Trains / 14035
  Building contest

Hi, Right now there is a building contest running at 1000steine.de and there is no entry yet for the Trains category! There are many talented builders hanging around in lugnet.trains with creations worth entering the contest! There is no entry fee (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Building contest

(...) Ahh, we are just holding back, Frank, so as not to give the competition the edge;-) I, for one, will be entering the contest, and hopefully in more than one category... -John (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building contest

(...) You mean you're procrastinating! Well I probably will tend to favor entries (all else being equal) that I get to see for longer... it's just human nature that what imprints gets remembered. (...) Bring it on! There's no restriction on how WIDE (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building contest

Hi Larry, (...) get (...) remembered. So, you are indirectly suggesting that builders who need all the time they could get stand less a chance to win? You can't possibly know what their reasons are for a "near deadline entry". That's not what a (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building contest

(...) Well Said! It's common in most competitions for the contestants to only unveil their entries just before the deadline. Plus, I believe your correct... that the voting only begins after the final entry date of 12/31/01. So its reasonable to (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Building contest

(...) It's just human nature to remember things. Not saying it's correct. I promise (as I am sure all judges do) to do my level best to keep an open mind and judge impartially and not be influenced by the fact that I saw an entry before. And so (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building contest

(...) Yes, yes, yes it is. But also think about Rene's perspective. He must be getting a bit nervous that he's not going to get very many entries as there haven't BEEN many yet. And this is no small time contest! This is the richest fan sponsored (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Building contest

(...) I'll enter more soon enough! I'm waiting on some tracks for my crane, & some down time to get pictures of my other entries... I just wish my STUPID digicam was better :-(. Josh (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Building contest

(...) Indeed! (...) (URL) concur, a contest with this much ambition needs a flood of entries to survive! But I'm bettin’ that about 10 ‘mega-entries’ (Huge displays) will be released just before the closing date. I'm hoppin’ that we do see a wide (...) (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Building contest

(...) But you have to think about a limit of max. 10 pictures. So building (too) big means getting rid of the chance to show the details (1)... In trains this is more a thing concerning length not width, but a sceenery with landscape will cause some (...) (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building contest / some words on 1000steine.de

(...) That is the reason, why I have tried to make some noise for the contest now and then. I would invite everybody to publish some (small, fuzzy, less detailed) teaser pictures. I think this my bring the message board to life for the next month (...) (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Building contest / some words on 1000steine.de

Well, tonight I'll draw a little... Josh (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Building contest

(...) Not necessarily. Right now I am involved in some *major* projects (one being the TCLTC layout itself), so I am justified in my "tardiness". I'm hoping my efforts will be instrumental in popping more than a few eyes:-) -John (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)