 Trains / 14041
Re: Building contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 21:08:58 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jurgen Blok writes:
Hi Larry,

Well I probably will tend to favor entries (all else being equal) that I • get
to see for longer... it's just human nature that what imprints gets
remembered.

So, you are indirectly suggesting that builders who need all the time they
could get stand
less a chance to win? You can't possibly know what their reasons are for a
"near deadline entry".

It's just human nature to remember things. Not saying it's correct. I
promise (as I am sure all judges do) to do my level best to keep an open
mind and judge impartially and not be influenced by the fact that I saw an
entry before.

And so should all the voters (who are the bulk of the decision mechanism,
judging is only a small part)

But I'm terminally honest and cannot claim to be perfectly impartial,
although I'll try, and I suspect I'll do pretty good at it.

That is all.