 Trains / 13431
Re: New MOC: 8 Wide EMD SW1500
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 16:11:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mark & Milissa Millère writes:

snip

BTW I don't see 5 as the market clearing price in most cases, even if the
production cost was 0. Certainly J2s engine instructions are worth more than
5... were he to produce some. Certainly my 6 wide SW (which although not
quite as detailed IS more compatible with the general run of layouts) is
worth more than 5 (in terms of inventiveness) as well.

Actually, I was thinking about ALL of the GoB sets at once and $5 seemed
fair to me.

Obviously we have a wide gulf in perceived value then. We may be too far
apart to get anywhere, even if we DID solve the piracy problem.