 Trains / 13428
Re: New MOC: 8 Wide EMD SW1500
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 14:50:02 GMT

snip

BTW I don't see 5 as the market clearing price in most cases, even if the
production cost was 0. Certainly J2s engine instructions are worth more than
5... were he to produce some. Certainly my 6 wide SW (which although not
quite as detailed IS more compatible with the general run of layouts) is
worth more than 5 (in terms of inventiveness) as well.

Actually, I was thinking about ALL of the GoB sets at once and $5 seemed
fair to me. however in single model purchases I could see $5-15 depending on
complexity for an electronic version and $15-25 for a printed version. I see
these numbers as viable for the GoB, but, I do not see you selling that many
of the printed versions to the average AFOL, thereby limiting your market.
After all, we are talking a numbers game here to make it worth the GoB's
effort. JMHO

I personally would not want to spend that for a printed version of a single
model unless I planned on making 10 or more copies of said model, i.e. your
hopper car.

I may be willing to buy B&W copies for $10-15. I saw several GoB
instructions at BrickFest 2001 and they are beautiful, but considering the
cost of color (even though it has come down lately), color is not worth it
to me. JMO. Yes I realize the benefits of color and the time to
annotate/make a chart for the colors would be.

HTH and makes sense.

Thanx,

Mark