 Trains / 13361
Re: 12 volt track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 23:56:17 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford writes:
Which begs the question (or asks for it nicely, anyway): Has anybody ever had
any problems with the contacts in 9v train motors getting dirty / corroded?

Nope.  The more you run them, the better they run.  As the contact wheels
turn, they clean the inside edge of the rails.  That helps improve the
electrical contact.

Was thinking more of the contacts inside the motor, which perform a similar
function to the sliding 12v contacts, but I guess the same applies to them too.
And being totally enclosed would help.

ROSCO