 Trains / 13360
13359  |  13361
Subject:
Amtrak HHP8 loco with 4558 wagon consist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 23:39:07 GMT

Eagerly awaiting the return of the Metroliner, I have revised my model of an
Amtrak HHP8 locomotive.  This locomotive seems appropriate, from photos I've
seen on the web, to use with passenger wagons like those in the 4558 set.

I have never examined the 4558 set very closely until recently when I chose
to "build" one in MLCad to accompany the HHP8 locomotive.  I love the
luggage storage bins in the passenger car.  Hinge bricks under the table
tops; clever!

Along with POV images, I've also posted the MLCad .mpd file for the Amtrak
HHP8: (While producing the v4 MLCad file, I took the liberty to make some
design changes "on the fly".  So, I haven't real-build tested this version,
yet.)

Here's a link to POV images of the Amtrak (Metroliner) HHP8 locomotive
pulling a set of 4558 passenger wagons:

Thanks for looking.
Have fun with your Metroliner!

later,