 Trains / 13492
Re: Amtrak HHP8 loco with 4558 wagon consist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 19:37:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
Eagerly awaiting the return of the Metroliner, I have revised my model of an
Amtrak HHP8 locomotive.  This locomotive seems appropriate, from photos I've
seen on the web, to use with passenger wagons like those in the 4558 set.

I have never examined the 4558 set very closely until recently when I chose
to "build" one in MLCad to accompany the HHP8 locomotive.  I love the
luggage storage bins in the passenger car.  Hinge bricks under the table
tops; clever!

Along with POV images, I've also posted the MLCad .mpd file for the Amtrak
HHP8: (While producing the v4 MLCad file, I took the liberty to make some
design changes "on the fly".  So, I haven't real-build tested this version,
yet.)

Here's a link to POV images of the Amtrak (Metroliner) HHP8 locomotive
pulling a set of 4558 passenger wagons:

Thanks for looking.
Have fun with your Metroliner!

later,
James Mathis

James,

    First of all I can't believe I'm the only one that is responding to this
posting.  I just want you to know that I always look forward to your
postings and know that any new MOCS from you will be absolutely mind
blowing.  One of the main things that floors me is how often you are able to
post new MOCS.  Your mind and it's ability to quickly pump out these
creations is pure genius.
    I have got to get that POV program for my computer.  The speed at which
you build on it has got me sold on the idea.  Please let me know where you
downloaded it from.
     I am very happy for you that you that you will finally be able to get
your hands on the highly sought after Metroliner and CLubcar!  I know you
have been waiting for years and you only put off getting one because of the
high auction prices.  Being the owner of several orignals I was at first put
off by the fact that they were bringing back the Metroliner and clubcar but
if there is one person that I would be happy for it would definitely be you.
Hey, I might even get myself a few more.
     Beautiful engine design for Amtrak.  It goes very well with the
Metroliner stable.  I usually only design passenger trains from the golden
age of rail such as my Union Pacific passenger train seen at the NGLTC site.
But after seeing your Amtrak engine I am greatly inspired to try a modern
american amtrak train.  Thanks for the inspiration again and again and again
that you have given me over the years.
    Oh yeah, before I forget, I love the way you blew the train apart in
that one picture to show us the details of how it's put together.  GREAT new
idea for using the POV program.  It's so awesome how you always show us
pictures of your models broken apart to share with us your secrets of
construction.

Best Regards,
  John Warren