 Trains / 13036
Re: Trolley line automation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:36:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:

Difference being they use two poles because they don't have the return path
in the trackage available to them.

Ah, but some only had one pole.  Now, for the bonus answer, how did they earth
them?

What did I tell you, people! Some incredibly geeky and small thing in my
answer would be incorrect and James would be the one to point it out. Do I
know how to call them or what? :-)

I have no idea how they grounded them... conductive rubber tires? Static
electricity diffusers?