 Trains / 11355
11354  |  11356
Subject:
James Mathis goes US-proto: 8-wide Sante Fe study
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 22:42:51 GMT

It's a US-proto freight loco, folks:

Well, I got the itch just to try a design study for an 8-wide US diesel
locomotive.  I see this type of locomotive frequently here in the high desert
of central New Mexico.  They're HUGE!

It's only a design study for the cab, nose, ground-level stairs, and coupler.
Personally, I feel it is a bit disproportionate in some areas- hopefully all
scaleable for correction...??
But, I will probably not see it through to a finished model.  It just doesn't
hold my attention any longer.  Plus, I don't have any US style freight cars to
pull.

Here it is:

I welcome your comments and criticism, but please realize that I will likely
not continue revising this MOC.... so, if anything sparks your interest, please
improve on it!  Have fun!

later,
James Mathis