 Trains / 11376
Re: James Mathis goes US-proto: 8-wide Sante Fe study
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 16:49:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Holger Matthes writes:
Hi James,

thanks for sharing your design ideas! Looks great, except the tiny little 12V
wheels - as Gianluca already said. Such a huge loco needs 9V wheels and the
motors will go underneath the cars!

Yes.

Your Santa Fe loco will be a good partner for my Desert Express diesel loco. I
started that one at the nose and front window section. Where did you start your
constructions?

Same place.  I have only intended this Sante Fe to be a design study for the
nose/cab only for this locomotive.  I will likely not finish this model.

Nice to see how many possibilities could be used to build a sloped nose. Your
use of the 2x2 plates with "wings" is just great!

That was fun to figure out .  :-)  Amazing how well engineered LEGO element
geometry is.  Always seems to be something new to discover as how pieces can
be oriented different ways.  Very fun.

Go on for the whole fright train in 8 wide!

Sorry,...well, maybe if I get bored with other projects....

later,
James Mathis