 Trains / 11377
RE: James Mathis goes US-proto: 8-wide Sante Fe study
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 17:26:02 GMT

Larry Pieniazek writes:
I do...

I've seen some of JM's models in the flesh and they do get firmer
as he goes through iterations but some of his early protos are
fragile. But then so are some of mine. I don't necessarily design
for highest durability, that takes a back seat to looking realistic
and operating well.

Of course.  I don't succeed in highest durability either.  But I usually get
bored with a model too soon to make revisions to the design.  Detail is
always the first priority.  On my models, the mirrors also fall off, as do
other parts, but usually in significant chunks so that it's easy to put back
togother.  However, when handled, no special treatment is necessary.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
http://home.cwru.edu/~bxl34/