 Trains / 11354
11353  |  11355
Subject:
Amtrak HHP-8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 22:34:21 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

With all the talk about LEGO "Classic" sets being release (I love that Octan
service station!!!) causing wishes for a re-release of the Metroliner 4558, I
have caught the bug to build- er, model in MLCad!  Thanks for the inspiration
everyone.

First, a couple of points.  I don't own a Metroliner.  Never bought one back
when they were available on retail shelves, nor have I bought one via auction,
trade, or other.  I'd love to have one as it is a beautiful "classic" 9v set!

Alas, this recent talk of the 4558 set gave me cause to try to build another
Amtrak train set.  I've started with a choice locomotive:  the Amtrak HHP-8
electric locomotive used in Acela service and Acela livery.

Here's my first version:

And, here are links to photos of the real-life unit:
http://198.30.209.3/amtrak/amtACELAHHP8.html

I'm still working on the nose coloring:  keeping the sloping blue/gray/black
interface smooth and working around the standard traindoors.  I may "lose" the
gray train doors in favor of a "no-window" door panel.  This would seem
appropriate since the real-life HHP-8 doesn't have windows in the doors.
However, some degree of "playability" gives me pause to include the standard
gray train doors and keep the windows.... I digress.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

later,
James Mathis