 Trains / 11374
Re: Amtrak HHP-8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 16:39:49 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:

<snip old intro stuff>

Here's my first version:

And, here are links to photos of the real-life unit:
http://198.30.209.3/amtrak/amtACELAHHP8.html

I'm still working on the nose coloring:  keeping the sloping blue/gray/black
interface smooth and working around the standard traindoors.  I may "lose" the
gray train doors in favor of a "no-window" door panel.  This would seem
appropriate since the real-life HHP-8 doesn't have windows in the doors.
However, some degree of "playability" gives me pause to include the standard
gray train doors and keep the windows.... I digress.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

later,
James Mathis
I like it James, I'm not usually a big fan of electric (straight-electric,
that is) motive power, but I like your red pantographs. They really give the
model that 'second-glance appeal'.

I like th red pantagraph, as well.  Credit goes to the artistic designers
for the real-life version.  I only used the color scheme they used.

Now all you have to do is make some cars to go behind it.

You and Larry P. are on the same page, here.  Ugh, those curved-wall
passenger cars are going to have to wait.  I can't think of how to do that
unless I use a whole slew of brick hinges!  Anyone else up for the
challenge?  For now, I'll probably stick to standard vertical -wall cars
more easily buildable with S@H bulk paks.

<snip Acela comment>

later,
James Mathis