 Trains / 10180
Re: Green line pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 21:10:53 GMT

David Eaton wrote:

Of course the real reason I did it 8 wide was just to annoy all those
6-wide'ers out there ;)

You da man;-)

I have obviously restrained myself from flogging the merits of 8 wide here,
partially due to the fact that I feel my work in that area may be finished:-)
Once, I was a lone voice in the wilderness, but now that more and more folk are
building 8 wide, the merits are becoming self-evident (as seen in your model,
Dave).

Of course you are kidding about your motivation for building 8 wide; you took
measurements, etc, and tried to build the most prototypical model possible-- so of
course you'd end up 8 wide.

And BTW, if your measurements seem to be off a little, remember this: it's the
*figs* which are off.  1 stud = 1.3 feet is about the best ratio I can come up
with.
Welcome to 8 Wide Utopia:-)

-John

DaveE