 Local / United States / Massachusetts / 275
274  |  276
Subject:
Green line pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 14:58:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Well, despite the terrible lighting conditions at my place, I put together
some pictures of my green line train that I made mostly over this last
weekend (my very first train!):

http://www.suave.net/~dave/greenline/greenline.cgi

It's based off of the green line of the Boston subway, in particular, the
cars shown here:

http://www.nycsubway.org/us/boston/green/mbta-green-cleveland03.jpg
http://www.nycsubway.org/us/boston/green/mbta-green-cleveland04.jpg

There are a couple other variations (with the green stripe on the door,
'stacked' headlights instead of side-by-side, more grey panelling on the
side, etc) that can be seen here:

http://www.nycsubway.org/us/boston/green/

The toughest part of course being the fact that each car bends in the
middle, forcing it to strech and compress the walls (and the roof!) when
turning a corner. I posted a couple images trying to show how my solution
works for this (using techinc rubber bands and sliding walls), but there are
still some gaps way down low as well as on the roof.

And of course the next step is putting in a detailed interior... :)

For now it's 100% Lego, but thanks to the wonderful impression Tom Duggan's
stuff gave me for the LAST train show, I plan to put some stickers on it:
- a bilboard, perhaps an ad for the Construction Site?
- the "T" logo
- numbering on the front
- the destination & rail letter on the front and sides of the train

Comments? Suggestions?

DaveE