 Trains / 10179
Re: Green line pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 20:13:37 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, David Eaton writes:
Well, despite the terrible lighting conditions at my place, I put together
some pictures of my green line train that I made mostly over this last
weekend (my very first train!):

http://www.suave.net/~dave/greenline/greenline.cgi

Cool. Now can you do the version where the ends taper inward toward the
nose? :-)

I thought about this a while, but didn't discover any nice way to do it,
unfortunately :(

Anyone have any ideas?

I see you went 8 wide. I have struggled and struggled to do these in 6 wide
but the center articulation has always got the best of me (I was trying to
do something rotational, you took a sliding approach, which, while not
prototypical, looks really good).

Yeah, I tried for quite a while to get something rotational done, but try as
I might I either wound up with objectionable gaps, a train that would only
turn in one direction, or both. But when I came up with the sliding
mechanism I was sold-- mostly because it works REALLY smoothly, whereas the
best of the rotational methods would occasionally lock somewhere along those
scraggly edges...

DaveE