 Trains / *9334 (-20)
  Re: My first stab at ray tracing - steel coil train

Looks good to me! Hey i dont even know how to use ldraw or ray tracing or pov ray or anything AHHHHHH to confusing1! (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three New Train Cars

Nice cars Chris. The Covered Hopper is very nice. The caboose looks good with the curved handrails now. The gondola with 'junk' is nice too. "Christopher Tracey" <ctracey@envirolink.org> wrote in message news:3A4B7E3A.C4C855...ink.org... (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three New Train Cars

Thanks, No opening doors on the hopper (yet!). I have some ideas for it but I wanted to get a finished model done. I'm actually working on another hopper that should be ready by the middle of january. -chris (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three New Train Cars

(...) I have the shell of my hopper done (6wide) but currently I don't have the bottom dumping working the way I want it to. What I'm hoping to get working is a lever or push rod that can be activated by an automated device (maybe a RCX device (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  My first stab at ray tracing - steel coil train

(URL) A tutorial on improving foreground/background would be welcomed! Huw (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three New Train Cars

(...) I, too, have been working on a hopper (90% completed) that doesn't dump out the bottom (neither does the proto) When I finish I'll post some pics-- I've got *lots* to show and tell:-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three New Train Cars

Chris, I like the covered hopper (been working on a new hopper myself), does it have working doors on the bottom for dumping? jt ------ James J. Trobaugh (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three New Train Cars

(...) Love the hopper & gondola cars. Would like to see the hopper in grey as well. I have a Droid Escape that I dont want if your interested.... Jonathan (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Three New Train Cars

I just posted some pics of three new 8-wide train cars I built to my brickshelf gallery. (URL) baywindow caboose and gray gondola are 8-wide versions of some six wide models I built. (go to (URL) for to see the six wide caboose for comparison sake- (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  NewTechnic wind-up and trains

I picked up the Technic 8240 the other day and saw the new Technic wind-up motor(#5223) and thought this just might have some train uses? S@H says it's not going to come out until March(AFAIK in the US). The thought of making a 7720 or 4531 using it (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cross Track Out Of Production?

How odd! But I have learned not to be surprised at eBay any more. The Lego Imagination Center in Orlando had loads of cross track pieces this week, and I have a feeling that Shop at Home might still have some of them also. Find well, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Cross Track Out Of Production?

There has been some talk about this...Check out this auction: (URL) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at GATS in Tampa, Florida

Thanks for the kind words on the Ninja themed castle. I was actually going for a segment of The Great Wall of China with the Qin Chinese defending against the invasion by the XiongNu nomads. Thought I recognize your name from "the Temple of (...) (24 years ago, 26-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Via train photos

"kai brodersen" <cbrodersen@mediaone.net> wrote in message news:G632MI.IuD@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) , that provides a different option for modeling via, but I have only seen it (...) The LRC is a beautiful engine, as are the LRC-3000 series (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Via train photos

(...) I have found that if you avoid 180° curves then the long cars don't look that bad because they are not in the curve too long. Just typing to see myself type, Chris (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Via train photos

(...) Well, I agree, you are caught between a rock and a hard place. Too short and they look silly standing still, too long, and they look silly on curves. However I feel 32 studs is a good compromise. Many of my cars are that length or longer and I (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Via train photos

(...) The problem is of the lego curves. If I make them much longer, then they look stupid going around the curves. At present they are 24/26 studs long over the vestibule. If I extend them by 8 studs (which is relatively easy to do) then they (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Via train photos

(...) --snipped-- Well james they are nice but I too agree that they are short. When I travel on VIA I have noticed a couple of engines. I see the FP9A (the one you did). The VIA LRC seen here (URL) that provides a different option for modeling via, (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Via train photos

(...) Your FP7 came out looking more like an FA (Alco had a more vertical nose instead of sloped) but that's cool. I think VIA *used* FA's at one point. I assume you did the lettering with the same tape striping as the doors? Nice work. I dusted off (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Via train photos

(URL) what I have got done so far. 3 Coaches, one Beavertail, one steam heat van, one ~FP7A. Nose on the FP is hard to do. To do it right, we need some transition curves, from one plane into another. I think the beavertail is likely wrong, it should (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact