 Trains / *9319 (-20)
  Re: Via train photos

(...) Well, I agree, you are caught between a rock and a hard place. Too short and they look silly standing still, too long, and they look silly on curves. However I feel 32 studs is a good compromise. Many of my cars are that length or longer and I (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Via train photos

(...) The problem is of the lego curves. If I make them much longer, then they look stupid going around the curves. At present they are 24/26 studs long over the vestibule. If I extend them by 8 studs (which is relatively easy to do) then they (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Via train photos

(...) --snipped-- Well james they are nice but I too agree that they are short. When I travel on VIA I have noticed a couple of engines. I see the FP9A (the one you did). The VIA LRC seen here (URL) that provides a different option for modeling via, (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Via train photos

(...) Your FP7 came out looking more like an FA (Alco had a more vertical nose instead of sloped) but that's cool. I think VIA *used* FA's at one point. I assume you did the lettering with the same tape striping as the doors? Nice work. I dusted off (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Via train photos

(URL) what I have got done so far. 3 Coaches, one Beavertail, one steam heat van, one ~FP7A. Nose on the FP is hard to do. To do it right, we need some transition curves, from one plane into another. I think the beavertail is likely wrong, it should (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) I hope so too...here is the link, the photos are a bit cruddy-I might try again, but it is kind of hard to get the entire train in a single frame. (URL) Geocities is frustrating the heck out of me!) James (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Engine / Club Car

(...) Nice pictures. However, it is hard to get a good idea of what the cars really look like since there isn't a complete shot. Thanks for posting the pictures, Chris (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yellow Speed Control Car

I would also like some information on this. I'm hoping to get a Lego speedster for Christmas and would like to fit it in a train (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More track geometry

For a more direct link go here: (URL) J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Powell <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message news:G60tBI.FDC@lugnet.com... (...) theme (...) got (...) left (...) program (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More track geometry

(...) The software is called Track Designer. If you click on the link to the left marked "Matt's Train Depot" , you will find it. It's a kind of neat program for designing lego train layouts. (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More track geometry

What software is this and where can it be found? I'm new to the Train theme now that I got my 7yr old son his 1st train set, it just so happens to be the favorite brick of the house. 20yrs later I get to play too!!! I've got all the accessories and (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  More track geometry

Hi, I was today playing around with the track designer and noticed a thing some of you might be interested in, as I've so far never seen anyone use or discuss about this... I noticed that adding 3 straight pieces of rail into curve makes it EXACTLY (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Desert Express

(...) Note that rivet counting mode is a useful function... (...) Who said that they can't spell 'eh'?? I am claiming that they can't spell the names of towns in upstate NY. Consider getting better books. LOL. (...) While we're picking... sepArate (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yellow Speed Control Car

ah... a dynamometer car? excellent. I tried one using the Snow Blower as the baseline; it wasn't very pretty. Your little yellow one looks pretty good to me. "Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:G5z2Jt.A7A@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Engine / Club Car

Nice MOCs. I like the silhouette pictures. I do think the club car may be too high, but I'd like to see some pictures of the whole car and engine for some perspective. "Rebel Transcanner" <hendryjr@oxford.net> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yellow Speed Control Car

(...) Yes definitely right! Nothing more to tell about it.... Have a Merry Christmas! Ben (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Yellow Speed Control Car

Hey Ben, Can you shed some light on this little gem that recently appeared on Brickshelf? (URL) like an engine to track time and distance with the new Lego speed controller? Bryan (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Engine / Club Car

man you got my idea. I too realized a copy of a club car could be made out of 4561 any ways---very nice (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New Engine / Club Car

Hello LEGO Guys and Gals! I've just finished my first "Engine" and first "Club Car". I don't have a lot of detailed pieces, so most of the parts are from the 4561 "Railway Express", and the old 7722 4.5 V train I got when I was younger. There are 6 (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Desert Express

(...) Hey, I am just quoting one of my books...not _my_ fault if the book cannot spell eh? Esp. considering that I couldn't spell to save my life. Befor I went to skule, I coldn't spel enganeer, now i ar one :) (...) I know that like GMDD, they were (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact