 Trains / 8859
Re: LEGO Desert Express
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 01:19:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:
In lugnet.build, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Alco, or American Locomotive Works,

Misteak- American Loco Company, Schenctady, NY

James, if you're going to go into "rivet counting mode" (1), make sure you
spell everything right in your nitpicks! :-) Schenectady is closer to
correct but may or may not be 100% there either.

Hey, I am just quoting one of my books...not _my_ fault if the book cannot
spell eh?  Esp. considering that I couldn't spell to save my life.
Befor I went to skule, I coldn't spel enganeer, now i ar one :)

their subsidiary Montreal Locomotive Works-

no, seperate company, not subsidiary.

I believe MLW was a subsidiary at some point or another, but they went
independent somewhere. Who owns them now is not as interesting to me.
Especially since Bombardier is French Canadian, and the Quebecois combine
the worst characteristics of the French AND the Canadians. LOL.

I know that like GMDD, they were "separate" companies, at least for a decent
period of time.  Also, why would they continue on building only in Canada if
they were one company?  I think the divestment happened well before the end of
ALCO as a diesel engine maker.

1 - see rec.models.railroad for some discussions on this affectation.

Ack!  I was just trying to point out a few misteaks, in case you were hungry :)

James